Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Peju Alatise

The other day I was surfing the web and came across this absolutely beautiful piece of artwork. I wasn't sure who it was by so I did some fishing around and I found the name Peju Alatise. Being an artist myself I was absolutely blown away by the talent of this young woman. There was something about her work that spoke to my inner artist, and woman.Her works seem to capture the essence of one's raw emotion. And the color and technique are just ones to be in awe of.
-monet

"Peju Alatise, born 1975 is a mixed-medium artist and a writer with educational background in architecture. She has practiced as a studio artist for thirteen years alongside renovating buildings and publishing 2 fiction novels. Peju in the past has done a lot of artwork on women as subject matter, capturing the joys and pains of womanhood as experienced here in modern-life-African traditions with consequences. Her subject matter has evolved with her continued experiences moving her focus from advocating the equal rights of women to politics and philosophical inclination. Peju resides in her home country Nigeria."

"As an artist, I have learned to become a medium for a viewer to observe through to attain a different perspective. Just as a pair spectacles would either alter or enhance the wearer's vision, I lend myself to an onlooker to see a subject matter through my own eyes to observe differently."


This is excerpt about Peju comes directly from her website http://www.pejualatise.com/about/. I do not take credit for any of the details and I felt that only she could explain herself best. Please look at some of her other works. Im sure you will fall in love with them like I did and perhaps even find your own inner artist. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment or just leave a hello saying you stopped by.